Wednesday 30 December 2020

Hyperflex native snapshot error: Snapshot not supported on VM with files on different datastores

Recently, I came across the following Hyperflex native snapshot error. The fix was to ensure the VM resides on a single datastore. 




Here are the steps that I followed to fix the issue: 

1) Perform storage vmotion so that all VMDKs reside on the same datastore. 


2) Verified that there is no CD/DVD ISO connected to a different datastore.  If so, I would change the setting to “Client Device”. 


What I was trying to achieve was that when I select the guest VM in vCenter and then click on the “Datastores” tab, it should only list 1 datastore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commvault : DR backup to cloud fails to run

 The Commvault DR backup to cloud (an option within Control Panel of Commvault console) was reporting failures.  The CVCloudService.log repo...